Thursday, August 18, 2011

VORTEX changed our lives!




Ok friends! This is the post we've all been waiting for!

Last summer we discovered this amazing hair dryer at none other than Target. To the untrained eye it looks the same as every other hair dryer sitting on the shelf. In fact if you go out wanting to find one for yourself there's a good chance you will overlook it at first. It doesn't stand out. It doesn't cost much. (24.99 in fact) The display does it no justice.

When you do finally find it sitting amongst the boring regular hair dryers and bring it home you will take it out of the box to see this:




One of the attachments is a clear cylinder shape.
*This is where the magic happens*




INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Start with damp clean hair
-I usually let mine air dry a little while I do my make up first
2. VORTEX AWAY!!
-With the blow dryer on the hottest/highest setting start inserting sections of hair into cylinder
-I usually have about 6 or 7 sections for my whole head
-Move the cylinder up and down the section of hair until it is dry and then use the cool shot button to set the curl
-If desired spritz with hair spray for a good hold
3. Let your dreads cool completely
4. Shake them out with your fingers or a brush if desired
5. ENJOY beautiful beachy waves for the entire day (sometimes even two!)

FYI- This is only our first post on the VORTEX... there will be many more.
It's time for you ladies to start submitting photos of your best vortex day ever! ;)

3 comments:

  1. YESSSSS Vortex magic! Seriously, I love this thing. I was skeptical at first because Kerri vortexed my hair on a visit and I didn't like how it looked. I put it up in a bun that night and when I let it down the next day it looked amazing (if I do say so myself!) I think everyone's hair needs to be vortexed differently. Kerri's smooth, straight, shiny hair looks so incredible with just the steps mentioned above. I wait for my dreads to cool then brush them out, put them in a top knot and put the vortex over the top knot to heat it up a bit, then go do my makeup while it cools off. When I'm ready to go, I let down the top knot and have big soft waves that suit my hair really well.
    The vortex has cut my getting ready routine in half and it holds so well I can skip a wash and it looks even better the next day. I love you vortex!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried the vortex once, need to use it again soon, it is a fun and different way to do the 'do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking everywhere (even Target) and no vortex (even under it's REAL name)

    ReplyDelete