Saturday, August 6, 2011

Guest in the house!



Guest blog time! Hi, I'm Megan, Kerri's sister-in-law! Kerri asked me to blog about a new piece of workout gear that I've fallen in love with, so here goes!


My favorite routine at the gym is a 45 minute spinning class followed by an hour of Zumba. As you may imagine, this results in a great deal of what I like to call "raining." Sounds a little classier than "sweating to death." A few months ago I had purchased a weird, huge headband that, if it starts to slide down, starts to look somewhat bank robber-ish... it does its job but it does not do it attractively.

I started searching for cute sweatbands and quickly found Sweatybands... I initially wrote them off because those types of skinny headbands all pop off my big Irish head almost immediately (even when secured with clips.) But then I saw "OMG... they don't slip!" in big letters on the website and started reading the testimonials on the site. The underside of the band is made of velvet which helps grip your hair (and absorb "rain") and there's a small strip of elastic so they fit snugly. There are dozens and dozens of pretty styles to choose from, as well! I picked out a cute black and white polka dot one and a pretty purple design and I just love them! I tested them out on a few walks and then it was time for the head-bobbing, hair-whipping spinning/zumba combo. You guys, it didn't budge! It was awesome! It did a really nice job of absorbing most of the sweat and channeling any excess to the back of my head... nothing is more annoying than drips running down your forehead!

Here are some pictures that my dog Pepper snuck into, I just have no idea how that happened! Oh, another benefit of the Sweatybands is that because they are pretty tight, they sort of give you that 60's hair bump without any of the teasing or hairspray. All I did was vortex (which Kerri and Lina should be blogging about very soon!) and then take a nap... Sweatybands can do it all!!!!


A very special thanks to Megan for being our guest! I don't mean to brag or anything... but she's kind of a big deal: http://megandailor.com/


5 comments:

  1. Those are very cute - I'll have to check them out!
    PS - I "glisten" at the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha Melissa, that's awesome! I'm going to have to steal that. And Kerri, your little ps... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to get some of these. I totally needed one yesterday. I was sweating like a man at the 5k. It would really just be inappropriate to call it glistening! Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your post! I've actually been looking for a better headband and found these at lululemon

    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-headwear/Slipless-Headband-32534?cc=9017&skuId=3422682&catId=women-headwear

    The sales lady swore they didn't slip, even on "tiny heads" (I have a tiny head?!) but I kind of wanted to hear from someone else! Maybe I'll try sweatybands instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I got TWO of these at a running store.(Fleet Feet in Rochester)

    AMAZING! SO grippy and fantastic and stylish.

    ReplyDelete