Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall into COLOR!

It's so hard to believe that fall is almost here.  Another summer has come and gone so quickly!
Goodbye flip flops. :(  Goodbye tank tops. :(  Goodbye iced tea. :(  Goodbye sunburned nose. :(

I want so badly to embrace autumn and really appreciate it for the beautiful season that it is. 
-Lovely blue skies with white puffy clouds. 
-Warm apple cider to keep your hands warm.
-Oranges and yellows (two of my favorite colors!) in the trees.
-Pumpkins on front porches.
-Lots of delicious home made baked goods.
-Spooky hay rides with friends.

This fall I decided (with the help of a friend!;) that I needed to spruce things up a bit to kick of the season by choosing a signature color for myself!  Therefore preparing myself for the cold days to come!
Going shopping always seems to do the trick when I need a pick me up!  (what woman doesn't that work for!?)

I chose mustard for my signature color.
(it was time to take a break from all of my orange and green!)

So here's what I have collected over the past few weeks:




































1. Thrifted cardigan $3.95
2. Owl necklace $2.80 (forever 21)
3. Seude shoes with acorns (anthropologie with a gift card from my birthday!)
4. Thrifted J. Crew satin belt with feathers and rhinestones $8.00

Don't worry friends!  I'm trying not to wear all 4 together every day.  I'm doing my best to be subtle and appreciate the small pops here and there as I move toward autumn! (sometimes I have a hard time being subtle!)

So go for it! Pick a signature color for your fall wardrobe! :)

4 comments:

  1. You can be my personal shopper and find me some fuchsia accent pieces for under $5!! :D I have no shopping skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm... I LOVE YOUR BLOG! you ladies are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!!! Love the color, photos, and concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially the belt and the prices. WTG!

    ReplyDelete