Friday, April 1, 2011

Fasting is a Feast

I have been participating in a Daniel Fast with my church. Fasting is used to give up something physical and gain something spiritual.

I was a little nervous when I started that I would be 'starving' to death without my usual chai tea latte, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, toasted coconut donuts, chocolate, and other comfort foods.

The Daniel Fast is shadowed from the fast that Daniel did in the bible. He ate nothing but fruit, veggies and water to allow God to do something powerful. Not only have I found so many opportunities to 'feast' on God's word during this time (when I'm having a terrible headache longing for my chai) but I have also been truly feasting on delicious good for my body food too! :)

This is my lunchbox I packed for work today! (ps. the mystery content in the tupperware containers are: carrots and homemade hummus, strawberries and pineapples, roast chickpeas, brown rice, and vegetarian chili) The Larabar only has 3 ingredients- dates, peanuts, and salt. Isn't that amazing?

2 comments:

  1. ooOo can you share your recipe for veggie chili? sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... chili was sooooooo delicious and lasted over a week. It makes a HUGE batch!

    http://danielfast.wordpress.com/2007/12/04/vegetarian-chili/

    ReplyDelete