Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Sangria

Over the 4th of July weekend we did something very nontraditional...

No beach.
No BBQ.
No swimming.
No fireworks.
No strawberry shortcake.

We went with our good friends to an IRISH PUB!
It was hard to believe that we didn't know about Dublin Square sooner! It's only about 10 minutes from our house!


http://www.dublinsquarepubs.com/bordentown/home/

It was a very authentic Irish Pub and Restaurant.
The bartender was even wearing a kilt!

And then, while sitting at the bar of an Irish Pub, I did something else very nontraditional...

I ordered sangria! And was blown away by how amazing it was. It's safe to say it was the best I've ever had!!

I got the details from my kilt-wearing bartender about how to make it at home.

So, here goes nothing!



















I started with the amazing South African wine called 'jam jar' for only $8.99. (Is that not the cutest bottle??!!)

Then I cut up some fresh fruit.






















Dumped it all together with some peach schnapps...
Add a splash of OJ or seltzer if you'd like!

And there you have it!

Easy.

Delicious.

Short Lived.

Happy Summer! :)

5 comments:

  1. Jealous!! Sounds like an awesome 4th. We're basically going to recreate that day next time I visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It was super fun! You will love the red headed bartenders wearing kilts! ;) We will have to make a double batch of sangria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sangria sounds wonderful! Have you ladies read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? If you love red headed Irish men in kilts, you'll LOVE the Outlander series! See http://www.dianagabaldon.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am almost done with the first book! :) It is sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete