Friday, June 24, 2011

Thrift Store Chair




















I have seen so many fun ideas about refinishing old chairs lately.


Since I am in the middle of re-decorating my office into a gray and yellow fabulous inspiration of a room, (ha ha... I'm trying at least) I decided to head over to my favorite thrift store in search of a new desk chair to add a pop of yellow.


When I came home with this $5 monstrosity, my husband was rather apprehensive!

I had some wood glue and screws in the basement to reinforce the bones.

I ran to Lowes and bought a $3.50 can of spray paint.

Then over to West Elm where I found this yellow and white dish towel for $9.00.


Not bad for $17.50, right?


And Voila!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks so good! Like a whole different chair! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe how good the dish towels look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find more junk to spray paint! It's addictive!!

    ReplyDelete